Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Friday, December 29, 2006

Sock yarn comparison


Sock yarn comparison
Originally uploaded by fidelisgreyhounds.
Tried to take this picture to show that Colinette Jitterbug - despite the label on the yarn recommending a needle size 3.25 mm is really in the same ball park as other standard sock yarns.
I don't have a very good camera but I took this picture to try to comparison between (from top to bottom) STR, Colinette Jitterbug, LL's Shepard Sock, and Trekking XXL. This is how I would also put them in order from heaviest to finest but there isn't a lot of difference between the STR and Jitterbug and the LL's is just a bit lighter. I do find the Trekking the finest for sure. The STR and Jitterbug are the tightest spun.

2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So would you not use a 3.25 mm needle
(size 2). that is what I bought to do the jitterbug yarn...
ellen

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

I wouldn't use a size 2 because I normally use a size 0 (addi 2mm). I find that the socks I knit with size 2s don't wear as well. I posted that to show that the Jitterbug is similar to other sock yarns and I think if you like a size 2 with other yarns you would like using it with this as well. I'm going to cast on soon and will update. Hope your socks go well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home