Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Monday, August 14, 2006

Mystery Sock KAL


I joined anotherKnitalong!


The purpose of this one is this KAL is to find a pattern on the internet that has no picture and knit it. The reason is because most people don't want to knit a pattern with out at least getting some idea what it would look like first. So there are all of these poor sad patterns languishing in obscurity that might be quite nice. I used the Wayback Machine to find a pattern that is no longer being hosted anywhere so I will truly bring it back from the dead (mysterious maniacal laughter inserted here). The pattern is called simply Lacey Sock. It will be a challenge to me because it has a picot edge which involves a provisional cast on which I always thinks sounds to complicated to bother with. The yarn I'm thinking of using is some pretty Claudia's Handpaint in grassy greens. I haven't started yet so this is still subject to change but as soon as I have something with a few repeats I'll post a picture

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Knitting Rose said...

I think that is a wonderful idea! I can't join another knit a long right now, but I can certainly get the courage to knit one of my many pictureless patterns that I have collected. Some of them SOUND wonderful - I just wasnt ready to commit to something that I may not like. Now I will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home