Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Monday, October 02, 2006

Finished STR Feather & Fan


.

Here is a picture of the finished STR Chapman Springs in Feather and Fan. I am really pleased with these socks. I combined a few different patterns to make them. I used my favorite toe up cast on: Knitty's Magic Cast On, the gusset and heel from the Generic Pattern for Your Putting Me On Socks and Wendy Knit's Feather & Fan Cuff (pdf) and I did them two at once on two circular addi's in size 0 except for the heel turn which I did one at a time. I really loved all these elements and would highly recomend them. The only thing I don't like about these is the cast off is really loose, I over did that a little not wanting to make them too tight. When they are first on they are fine but as they are worn a bit the tops are kind of floppy. The F&F cuffs are plenty tight and stay up so it's not too much of an issue. I haven't decided yet if it bugs me enough to pick out the cast off and redo it.

I would definitely knit this again it is a great way to use hand dyed yarn like Socks That Rock.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

really cute! they look a lot like the razor shell socks I am making now.
:-)

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger aija said...

Really pretty!! Nothing better than your own "recipe" too :)

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Val said...

They still look really blue on my monitor, and I know they aren't, having beheld their beauty in person last weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home