Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Friday, December 29, 2006

Lots of Finished Scarfs


I have been very busy doing Holiday gift knitting even though I haven't been blogging. We had a huge wind storm in Western Washington two weeks ago that knocked out power too many people. I was lucky and just lost cable for a week.

This is the "Falling Water Lace" Scarf. I did this in some really pretty and soft cashmere. I can't find the label right now to identify the yarn. This was a fun and easy yarn pattern to knit








Noro silk garden multidirectional scarf. I started this for a christmas gift for '05 and finished it and am keeping it for my self.













This is a simple one skein scarf made from Rowan Tapastry, a soy and wool mix. I love the yarn and the colors. The stitch pattern is one row and is same front and back from Yarn Harlot. It's simple but I love it.





This scarf was done with Nashua Wooly Stripes in Ocean. I used three skiens and went every other row from two differently balls and with the third I used the two different ends. It made a kind of neat graduated stripe effect. It's a nice soft self striping wool. I used the same Yarn Harlot one row stitch pattern as above.










And yet another! I really like the look and feel of this and it's just a Michael's yarn "Rumor". Yes, yet another Yarn Harlot one row scarf!






And last but not least, my Herringbone Rib Scarf! I started this quite a while ago but due to my sock obsession let it sit. It needs blocking, I'll get a better picture after. I don't know if I"ll be able to give this one away. It's very soft. The yarn is Manos and the color reminds me of crushed roses.

5 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

what a lovely collection of scarves. great way to try yarns and stitches!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Mouse said...

wow.. I can barely finish one scarf, let alone a whole collection of them. They are all gorgeous but I think I like the Manos one the best.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Val said...

No wonder you haven't had time to blog! Nice bunch o' scarves.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger megan robertson said...

Wow!!! The scarves look yummy, especially the manos... I hope you keep it so I can see it!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I love the description - crushed roses! And especially the pattern :)
Li

 

Post a Comment

<< Home