Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Friday, February 02, 2007

New Yarns!

Handspun yarn! My favorite barber pole! This was spun by my friend Megan using Crown Mountain yarn. I love it but I'm thinking it is a little too soft and fragile and of course it is very special so I'm trying to think of something equally special to do with it. Ideas?


Cindi picked out this Sock Candy yarn for me at the Medrona Fiber Arts Fair. I've been really anxious to try this cotton yarn from the makers of my beloved STR.
I haven't decided what sock pattern to use. Ideas? Anyone use this yet? Tips?
I love the colors. Really bright and saturated.
Oh, and Zephyr wouldn't move so I could take the pictures. So the dog leg is to show scale! :)

3 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is perfect for that pattern! This is the first sock for me by hand. Uggg The pattern isn't tough, I'm just not experienced. Sock 2 will be better! Great job!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger megan robertson said...

you are the sock master aren't you! I can't wait to see the sock candy socks!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I made a pair of Broadripples out of STR Sock Candy. Nice yarn to knit, but a little bumpy to wear since it's cotton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home