Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Friday, August 11, 2006

Started Baudelaire Sock


Started: August 6th
Pattern: Baudelaire
Needles: Addi 2.5 mm (circs)
Yarn: Koigu

When I saw these socks on knitty I was so impressed. I think they are really elegant looking. Since I tend not to knit much with solid yarns (do I ever?) I picked out some of the prettiest and most subtle yarn in my stash. It is the most beautiful shades of blue, light purple, and a khaki green. I figured that the colors would be subtle enough that the lace pattern would still show up. I'm not so sure that it is working for me, not sure the pattern stands out as much with this yarn. I will say that the lace stitch looks way more intimidating than it is! It is actually easily memorized.

unfortunately things could not go perfectly smooth. I've only done a couple of toe up socks and haven't quite gotten the hang of when to start the heel. I went a bit too far up the foot and now the socks are too long. The heel was a new one for me and a fair bit of knitting (lots of purl rows) and actually came out really well so I decided rather than rip that all back I'd undo the toe. It took a bit but was able to pick out the magic cast on.

So with any luck I can decrease the toe and make it shorter.

Check out for more pictures of this pattern.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger aija said...

Ooh, I shouldn't have seen these! I want to knit them next... trying to stay "true" to the black stockings on the needles right now though.

Tempting!! :) They look great, good luck w/ the frog.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger cindi said...

Fancy-schmancy! Didn't know you were doing a KAL for it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home