Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

One Koigu Falling Leaves Done


After a shaky start one Falling Leaves sock is completed! I'm really pleased with the tight fit and the yarn. I've got to do several new techniques, the Magic Cast On, Short Row Heel, and the Rusian Purl Bind Off (not sure if there is a link to that, it was posted on the Townsend Knitalong). Looking forward to starting the second sock (when have you heard me say that!).

8 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

That is one gorgeous sock! I love the yarn, and it sounds like you learned a lot too. I'll have to check out that bind off as it's a new one on me... I usually use EZ's sewn bind off for toe-up socks. I hope this post inspires you to get the second sock finished!

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

it is absolutely dazzling. I was thinking about this sock, and have not seen such tempting examples.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

they look great!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Very, very pretty!!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger aija said...

Looks great! I love the colors.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

After seeing those socks I've redefined my little stash of Koigu. They will definitely become socks,
Li

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Emma said...

The sock looks great. What a beautiful pair that will be!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Val said...

I too have a little stash of Koigu, originally purchased for knitting scarves. I am now using it for socks. I blame Bridget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home