Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Yarnapoloosa

I went to Tacoma for the Madrona Fiber Arts to see the vendors and especially to see the famous Socks that Rock Yarn that is "on tour". I have never felt more like a groupie. I felt giddy surrounded by all that beautiful yarn. Unfortunately they were short on the lightest weight which is the one I use but I got to see lots of colors in person that I'd only seen on the web site and many that were not on the sites. So beautiful in person. Toni of the Fold and Tina of Blue Moon Fiber are both very sweet and patient with all the indecision and fawning over their yarn. I showed them my Jaywalkers and asked them to guess the color way and Terry got it right away. I wish I had thought to take a picture of them with all their yarn. I nearly forgot there were other booths there! Still, did check out everything and there was some great stuff. I got some beautiful blue alpaca that I keep rubbing against my cheek, it is so soft. I'll put up pics on my day off Monday. From STR I got Prove it All Night and Jewel of the Nile. I don't know what it is about this stuff, it is so addicting. I have more yarn then I can knit in the next 6 months but I can't help but wanting more. Especially when the colors are so tempting like the STR. The STR is coming back to Seattle next month and I asked Terry bring Garnet Dream and County Clare. I can think of at least 10 others that I'd like to have too.
Sadly, crunch time with the FruitLoop Jaywalkers hasn't been very productive. Not much knitting on those in the last couple eves. after work.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

So glad I'm not the only one who spent too much at Madrona!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home