Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Monday, January 02, 2006

Jaywalker Has Crossed the Road to Completion





Not enough yarn so a little bit that was left from the first sock is brought into use.












Just enough left to Kitchener closed







Hurray, two finished socks! See how little yarn is left! I have size 9 kind of narrow feet and only did five inch cuffs. This is too close for comfort for me so I am very glad Socks That Rock have increased their yardage to 360.









Socks on feet! Will do this pattern again. Just wish I could do them with one size needle all the way through because I could try the two circ method. I just don't see how I could do the cuffs and get them over my feet using the 1.5s and I wouldn't like the feet done with 2s. Oh well, socks are great anyway. I'm going to look for a different pattern like maybe Broadripple to try two circs. I really want to try the new knitty socks called Pomatomus these are amazing looking. I think the new longer STR yarn would be great in some shades of blue for these.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Cool colors.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger grumperina said...

Those are very cute! Would you like them to be in the gallery?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home