Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A quick update


Haven't updated in awhile the WIP. Here are the Fuitloop Jaywalkers. I'm trying to complete this 2nd pair before the end of the Knitalong. I'm not sure if doing two pairs will give me two chances to win the STR but it will feel good to get two pairs done. I'm doing the heel flap of the 2nd sock. I broke a needle in my haste to get the picture which was a bummer but I figure I can always use more size 1s.


This scarf is in Manos and I'm really like doing the pattern. I think it will shape up a bit better when it is blocked. I'm testing the pattern for Lifes A Stitch.


I finally bought a pair of circulars to do the socks on two circs method. I got this perdoit and Periwinkle STR yarn when it was on a sale from Toni at the Fold. To be honest it isn't my favorite color. It is a bright yellow, a yellow green, light blue, and a bright purple. I still love the feel of the yarn and I tried the Cascading Leaves pattern (this one and Jayalker are two that I'm familiar with so I thought it would be best to try something I already knew from knitting with dpns) with it but just trying on this little bit showed that it was going to be huge and it's on addi 1s so I may end up doing another Jaywalker after all.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Val said...

I like the feet-on-computer-desk photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home