Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

New Yarn & Jaywalker Progress Photos

Opal Haindpaint ordered from an ebay seller in the Netherlands

An opal prototype yarn also from ebay

As promised here is the picture of the finished Jaywalker and the started 2nd sock. I would have liked to have done more with them but I've really been trying to work on my christmas knitting. I do enjoy this pattern and I'm pleased with the fit of my first sock. I'm doing the first inch of the cuff in 1.5 needles and then going up to size 2s for the rest of the cuff then I'm going back to 1.5 for the rest of the foot. It think that will solve the problem of the sock being really hard to put on but still be tight enough to have a good fit. It really does loosen up after wearing. I think one of the new yarns will be my next Jayalkers. I really like the way Opal yarn wears but I did not want any more of the fake fair isle types that are available over here. Can't wait to give them a try. Restraint, restraint, restraint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home