Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Friday, December 02, 2005

back to basics


So I've conceded that I MIGHT not finish the lace scarf before chrismas so I think instead for my mom I'm making the most pricey stockinette scarf ever. It is on size 15 needles and I'm using NORO silk garden, some mohair, and some ladder ribbon yarn. All stuff I hadn't been able to figure out what to do with and it actually looks good. I've never even made a scarf before. It is hard to give myself permission to make something easy. The first thing I knitted was a hat in the round with double points and everything and so I never did really basic beginning knitter stuff. Anyway, it is so much faster to knit then socks it is weird. I finished the portion in the picture just watching tv for a couple hours last night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home