Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Thursday, January 12, 2006

When will it end? My cold and the Jaywalker Madness

The past five days I've had such a bad cold, achy, hot and cold, congestion, coughing, all of it. There was a day I was home from work and couldn't even knit! Some station was playing 24/7 Bond movies and I would go in and out of consciousness but it never mattered in terms of watching the movie because they are all the same! Anyway I did manage to get my LL's Black Purl Jaywalkers to match up - more or less. But I didn't want to go further with out reinforcing thread. After my last pair hasn't worn so well, I feel like they need it.

So I started another Jaywalker. I can't really figure out any logic to the size of needle and weight of yarn. I'm using CP ones on these. I had to use 2s for the cuffs of the STR which is the heaviest, 1.5s on the Lorna's Laces which is the lightest and tiny ones on the opal which is almost as heavy as the STR! Who knows. Anyway, I didn't think I liked the yarn the way it was looking so bright and busy but now I do. Socks are just about the only thing I would wear that is bright and busy so what the hell. I do love knitting this sock, it has become routine. When I go to the LYS to get my reinforcing thread I'm going to get two addi circs to try socks. Some new STR yarn should be in my power shortly and I can't wait to see it, I haven't even seen a picture of the color yet so it should be exciting (dull life maybe but only other yarn addicts would understand!).

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger megan robertson said...

you have truly fallen over the edge of bonkers-ness...
The socks look great! And I don't think you need to change the name of your blog, just put more pictures of greyhounds on it...
hope you're feeling better,
m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home