Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Falling Leaves Again

I was recently given the gift of some koigu from my friend Cindi. I haven't used this yarn for socks yet so I was excited to try it right away. I had also recently bought a set of addi circs in size 0 so I thought I'd give the knitty pattern Falling Leaves another try using these smaller needles (my last attempt at a pair was not working out as they were coming out too big). Well, these are a bit better fitting but still more loose than I would like. I like a lace pattern to have a bit of stretch to it so it will stand out and this really has none. I included a picture of the bottom of the sock to show how pretty the colors are just plain so I'm seriously considering ripping back down to where the toe has more like 64 stitches and going forth in plain knitting from there with maybe a simple rib for the cuff. Opinions?

4 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger aija said...

Wow, I'm sorry they're not working for you again! I'd say go with your gut-- if you're not going to be happy with them, no use in knitting up an entire pair.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

The yarn is pretty enough to do plain socks. Take a deep breath and frog it.
Li

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

koigu is very nice to work with! i think you shoud rip back.... it you want them to fit the way you prefer....

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger KT said...

I saw your comment over on my blog. The Spunky Eclectic yarns are pretty tightly spun and the sport (which is all I've had time to try so far) has very comparable stitch definition to the STR. Amy does beautiful work, has wonderful customer service, and is willing to customize and will work with you to get you exactly what you want. And her colors are just fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home