Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

R.I.P. Falling Leaves

Okay so way overly dramatic! The problem with two socks on two circs is that before you get to the point where you have the problem you have done quite a bit of knitting, well double anyway, as you would have with a single sock to get to the same point. I was feeling kind of bad about scrapping all my work when it became clear that the Falling Leaves were going to be too big. After reading the advice I think I the key would be to go down to a Addi 0 which I need to get anyway and then I could probably save the socks but it's probably really not worth it considering I've already decreased on the foot and would now have to increase back up to the proper number. Probably have wavy bottoms! For me it's much easier to frog something after I've put some distance between me and the project. I've started Hedera and they seem to be going well. I'm using the STR colorway 'Algae'. Pictures as soon as I've got something to show for all my knitting! Thanks to all for the thoughts on the Falling Leaves! Sock Knitters Rule! :)

3 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I just had to from the bottom of my current project, but did it right away, got to the point I could fix it, and back again. I HAD to get it right...
:-)
I normaly don't ever frog. I am still in shock...

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

oh, and better luck on hedera!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

So sorry it came to frogging, but it is probably for the best. Onward!!! Knitting is forgiving. As soon as you get into a new project you'll forget all about those Falling Leaves socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home