Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Finished Fleece Artist Pomatomus Sock


Yarn: Fleece Artist Sock Yarn
Needles: CP 1.5 double points
Started: 2/16/06
Finished: 5/4/06
It was with great relief that I finished these socks yesterday. I really enjoyed knitting them so I can't really explain why I took such a long break between them (to knit other socks!). The yarn color was absolutely beautiful but I thought ever so slightly splitty. I'm also noticing there is slight fuzzing on the first sock just from being carried around, tried on, etc. So it will be interesting to see how they wear (probably won't be wearing them much - it was actually hot today!). I really did like the pattern. The first time I did the foot I really messed up the pattern and had to frog but it was easy the second time if I actually looked at the pattern. The cuff really doesn't need much attention to the pattern and in once it is figured out can be knit in front of the t.v. (where I do most of my knitting!). I would most likely do this again if I could figure out how to do it two at a time on two circulars - my new preferred method. Although it is really tempting to cast it on and keep one going as a side knitting project. I saw someone's blog had some in STR Lagoon that looked really nice. Anyway, I'll end this with yet another close up of the cuff because it's just so pretty! I'll post some other pics if I can get some decent ones of them on my feet.


10 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Yay! Congratulations! They look great.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Beautiful! I'll return the favor by saying how much I love these socks!

Thanks for the compliments on my Embossed Leaves, some of the reception they've gotten IRL has been lukewarm at best. I guess the color--and it's bright--throws people off since I'm normally pretty conservative in my dress. Socks are my way letting go in that area--harmless really and oh so much FUN!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger maritza said...

Woohoo! Go you! They're beautiful!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Val said...

Bridget is the "master of her knitting", to quote the late great Elizabeth Zimmerman.

I am very impressed with how quickly you learned to knit such complicated things (i.e. socks), and also your taste in wool!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger aija said...

Very nice!

Mine are also in fleece artist-- its weird, they don't seem to pill/fuzz up as much as they do gather lint on the inside of the foot when they do thru the wash... they've held up very well though, just softer.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Emma said...

They look gorgeous. So soft and cozy. Congrats!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from your namesake! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your potamous socks. Fleece Artist is a new yarn to me. I like that chevron scarf using two different sock yarns. I think I might try that.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So excited I can't even type my name properly! Durr.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have frogged these socks once, too. My problem is after doing the heel flap when I start knitting aroung again at the pattern stitches on top of the foot. I re-arrange the stitches as (I think) she directs, but after I do the k3tog the stitches don't line up properly for the first pattern repeat. Is that where you had a problem, too? Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Ksenia

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Love your Psocks! I'm knitting them too but have a quick question for you since you've completed the pattern. I'm doing the gusset rightnow and can't seem to get the top of the foot part right. On the pattern for the top it says left edge right edge and repeat twice in the middle but there aren't enough stitches to repeat twice in the middle. Can you help?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home