Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Finished 1st Pair of 2 Socks on 2 Circs STR Jewel of the Nile


Started: March 29th
Finished: April 17th
Yarn: STR jewel of the Nile
Needles: addi 1s, 24 inch
Pattern: K3, P1 Rib
Overall I was really pleased with the 2 circs. I would definitely knit this way again. No more Second Sock syndrome!
Speaking of which, my poor 2nd Hippo Sock is languishing on the needles. I tried to work on it again yesterday evening but I couldn't get into it which is weird because the first one flew and I still think it is my most beautiful sock ever but I dirgress! Today is about these Jewel of the Nile socks. Pattern was simple but it's really great for showing off the yarn. Really had fun with the bright colors. I really want some STR in the shades of blue that are in these. There is this bit of ice blue surrounded by a deep blue and the turquoise that I would love in a colorway. I should be seeing some STR at the Seattle Knitting Expo at the end of the month so we will see what they have! In other knitting news, 3 of my work friends are expecting babies! I need to learn how to turn my sock yarn left overs into booties!

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger aija said...

Ooh, the seattle knitting expo sounds great (super great with BMFA there!) :) Your socks looks awesome, I love how matched they are.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Great socks. Good luck finding the color you want at the Expo--That sounds like fun!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger maritza said...

Those look great! Nice socks! Have fun at the Expo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home