Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Belated Seattle Knitting Expo Report

I wasn't able to post my purchases after the Seattle Knitting & Fiber Expo because I was planning to gift one of the skeins of Socks That Rock to Cindi for her birthday.




This one on the left is the one I got Cindi, a new STR color called Mist. I really liked it so it was hard to give it to her! I'm an STR collector(adict?), what can I say?




This one on the right is another STR yarn called Chapman Springs.


Above is the lovely STR named, Algae. Who knew Algae was so pretty?



And because I figured I should at least try one yarn other than my beloved STR, I got some of this Monarch Super Sport. The cool thing about this yarn is that it is 8 oz/650 yards. That's enough for two pairs of socks if you are careful. So you and a friend could each get some and split the skeins!

That's all I bought although I saw other nice yarn. When I first saw the STR booth I filled my arms with colors I would want! I narrowed it down to just these few. I tried hard to exercise restraint!

6 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger aija said...

Oh, I want to call myself a STR collector one day! :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Val said...

You were VERY restrained! Only three skeins for yourself?? If I'd been there, I would have had to rent a trailer to get all my loot home.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

"...I've got most of my sock yarn stash sitting out in my living room so I can stare at it and determine which of these fine yarns will be next on the needles and which pattern I should use with which one. The considerations are:..."
I relate to that soooo much!
:-) I also keep many of my books and patterns out lately, just in case... great stash, great socks!!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

You did much better at exercising restraint than I would have. You picked some lovely colors.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

The Chapman is SO pretty!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo, pretties. Can't wait to see what they become.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home