Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Chevron Scarf

I started the Chevron Scarf Pattern from Last Minute Gifts. I figured I should let some of this gorgeous sock yarn see more of the light of day and bask in more admiration than it gets just hanging out on my feet! I'm using Claudia's Handpaint in greens that remind me of a grassy field and Koigu in the most delicate light blues and purples. I think it works together. Please believe these pictures don't do these justice. It's raining today (yuck but I was working anyway) so all I could do are indoor pics but Val wanted to see.

Speaking of Val, I think she is taking her yarn obsession to a whole new level. Check out her blog!

I've done the heal flaps on my first 2 socks/2 circs attempt and have been avoiding a bit the heal turn and gusset pick up but I'll get on that and hopefully have those progressed enough for a picture in the next day.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

The colors in your scarf are yummy!

I know what you mean about the IK sock patterns. I don't subscribe to the mag, but often buy it because I like the sock patterns each month. A compliation of all the sock patterns would be wonderful!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Val said...

Mmm, pretty! I wonder if I should do something similar with some of MY Koigu...

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger aija said...

The colors looks great together! I've been thinking that sock yarns on my feet go underappreciated, too-- perhaps a scarf is in my future now :) Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home