Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Monday, April 03, 2006

Jewel of the Nile on two Circs



Started: March 29th
Yarn: STR jewel of the Nile
Needles: addi 1s
Pattern: K3, P1 Rib

I wanted to try two socks on two circular needles and I haven't quite decided if I like working this way yet. As I knit the yarn from the balls twists and I have to stop every so often to get it untwisted. Not sure if this is faster than just doing one at a time. Maybe there is something that I could be doing differently to prevent this. I did weave in my ends in as soon as I was able to get rid of those from further confusing things! I've knit on to the wrong needle more than a few times and have had to fix things too. I can't even think of what happens when it comes time to turn heals and pick up gussets! :) Will find out that part when I come to it I guess! Anyway as to the pattern I went back and forth with what do do with the yarn and decided on something simple will show off the colors best and will allow me to worry about learning the two circ technique. Really pretty yarn. I'm glad I went with simple for it.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger aija said...

Very nice colorway!

I knit 2 on 2 when I use circulars... the trick to keep the yarn from tangling is to always turn the work in such a way that you don't twist the yarn more than once. So, you're knitting with 2 balls and no twists in the yarn and you goto turn your work to get to the opposite needle. When that side is done, turn the work so you purposely untwist the yarns; there should only ever be one twist/crossover in the yarns at most-- either one twist or no twists. It takes a bit of practice to remember, but once you do you don't have to stop and let them dangle/untwist every so often, since you're keeping up with untwisting as you go.

Good luck! Have fun with the STR!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Beautiful STR!!! You'll get the hang of knitting two socks at once. I use quikeye's method when I knit both at once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home