Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Saturday, March 04, 2006

STR Jewel of the Nile dilemma



So I needed a break from the hippopotamus socks. I like to do alternating socks, finish one, do a different yarn/pattern and then return to the first. Keeps away the dreaded Second Sock syndrome. I thought and thought about a pattern for this and I knew I would want to do a Jaywalker for some yarn I have on order, some Hard Rock STR. It made my favorite Jawalkers from the knitalong. Click to see Cara's. I still want something that will show off the yarn and it is a really bright yarn. I'd had Knitty's Broadripple in mind because it would be good for the bright yarn and it is written for circs which I have yet to do a sock with. Unfortunately it was written for a size three needle. So too big for the STR. A nice person sent me the pattern adapted for fingering yarn. Now I'm in business. Wrong! It is on odd number so not good for the circs! So ai pull out some graph paper and adapt it for an even number. Not to bad. But now, I'm just not feeling it. Just isn't doing it for me! Please let me know what you think. To rip or not to rip, the age old question! Whether it is nobler in mind to suffer the so so pattern or take action and pull out the stitches. Sorry about that. I'm in a hurry. Cindi is on her way to pick me up to take me to some yarn stores (and I with no money!) and I'm still in my PJs. So don't forget to let me know what you think and if you have a better suggestion for this yarn. The color transitions are amazing!

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger megan robertson said...

I like it. I think it looks good and would do some more before you decide. You might get to the heel and love it, or hate it, but I'd give it more of a chance...

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Annette said...

Hi bnc,
I like the way your sock is looking. This is Annette from Clicking Needles. I used a US 2 (2.5 mm) needle for the ones on my website, but the gauge was too tight for me. I found a US 2 (2.75 mm) and will try that. I'm curious how you adapted the pattern since I've tried a number of ways to adapt it and yours just looks better than the ones I tried. Can you post please on what you did differently?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home