Greyhounds and Knitting

Or alternatly titled, "Bridget Struggles to Knit Something Other Than Socks and Occasionally Posts Pictures of Her Greyounds"

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Details for the Broadripple adaptation

Annette asked for what I did for the broadripple socks. I had to change the numbers in the repeats to make the numbers even for two circular needles. I'm posting it here so that when I come back to work on the pattern again I won't have lost or forgotten what I did and have to recreate the details which would be a pain in the ass since I even made a graph paper chart to figure it out!
Yarn: STR Jewel of the Nile
Needles: addi size 1 circulars
Cast on: 64 stitches
The stitch is the same for the Garter Ripple and the Ripple Stitch.
K2, YO, K4, SSK, K2 tog, K4, YO, K2
I only did a small sample but did slip it on and it was plenty big.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Annette said...

Many thanks for posting your changes. This is the only combination that I didn't try. I tried extending the first K2 to K3 and didn't like the way this made long flat regions between the hills. I also tried decreasing to K1 on the larger needles and didn't like that effect either.
But I like the change you made between the YOs better. The question is, was my gauge right for this on the 2.5 mm that I was using, or do I switch back to the US1 I initially tried or go ahead and try the 2.75 mm needles. Decisions . . . decisions. Guess I'll be swatching again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home